In order to reach a wider range of clientele, I have been planning and making a simpler harpsichord for a few years now, which is absolutely perfect for a student, but also absolutely suitable for concerts.
These instruments, a Spinet, and a Harpsichords with single and double manuals, I have called STUDIO. The price is affordable for many people, so that a possibly long cherished, beautiful dream can be fulfilled with it.
The Spinet STUDIO is an elaboration of a little Spinet from Italian tradition, so called “Ottavino” (i.e. 4 ‘sounding).
This instrument is very suitable for those who want to discover for the first time the Harpsichord world. It is of course absolutely perfect for frequent transport (even with a small car) and for small rooms.
- Original: Anonymous italian, 16th century
- Dimensions: cm 133 x 75 x 23,5
- Weight: Kg 28
- Compass: BB-f3 (55 notes)
- Original compass: C/E-f3 (45 notes)
- Disposition: one keyboard, 8′, Lute
- Pitch: a = 415 Hz, transposable +/- one semitone (440/392 Hz)
- Materials: case in plywood (poplar), soundboard in spruce (from Val di Fiemme), keyboard in spruce with key tops in boxwwod and walnut, register and bridges in beech, jacks in service
- Decoration: painted case or furnished
- Stand with three screwed legs
Listen to this instrument:
J.S.Bach, Prelude C Major